Following is the list of Pros of using StreetStrider as compared with other fitness equipment like treadmill, elliptical or exercise bike.
Streetstrider Elliptical Bike Health Benefits and Advantages
- Body Workout: Because the Street Strider is an elliptical machine on wheels, your body weight provides much of the resistance for the workout. That resistance will get your heart pumping and calories burning.
- High cardiovascular output
- High caloric burn rate
- Low joint impact
- Low perceived rate of exertion
- StreetStriding will cause less soreness of muscles and joints, making it easy for you to repeat your workout the next day, and requiring less time for you to achieve your exercise goals.
Minimal Joint Impact
When you ride the StreetStrider, your foot remains in contact with the foot platform throughout the exercise. Because your foot remains in contact with the foot platform, the knees, back, feet, and hips don’t take the pounding when you stride that you may receive when doing other activities.
With each step, when you run, walk, or jog, the foot leaves the surface you are running on and then returns to the ground with the full weight of your body on top of it. For some individuals, this repetitive motion of the foot striking the ground with your body weight can lead to painful conditions in the body.
What is the elliptical good for?
Running, walking, and jogging can lead to conditions such as bursitis or tendonitis in the knees and ankles or arthritis in the hips. Many people with tendonitis, bursitis, arthritis, or other ailments, may find it painful to walk, run, or jog. The StreetStrider allows you to approximate a motion similar to walking, running, or jogging, with little to no impact on your joints. Check out the reviews for the best deals of the best elliptical under 500.
Activities With StreetStrider
- Take the Little Ones on a Stride: With the optional child carrying trailer, you can get your exercise and have fun with your kids.
- Cruise a Bike Path or a Beach Path: A bike path is a great place to Stride. Casually cruise along or get a heart-pumping workout.
- Stride around your Neighborhood: Many neighborhoods make for a safe, fun place to Stride. Find new areas and places to hang out that you would never discover through your usual driving habits! You may even meet some great new people along the way…
- Conquer the Open Road: The StreetStrider is a great way to take in the scenery of the open road. For miles …how far can you go?
- Make the Daily Commute Fun: The StreetStrider three-wheel elliptical makes getting to and from work an enjoyable way to commute…and you’re burning calories too!
- Don’t Run an Errand – Stride it! Need to get a gallon of milk? Stride down to the store and haul your goodies home on the optional luggage rack, or in a backpack.
- Carve Downhill: Going down a hill on a StreetStrider is awesome! Feel the rush of the wind. Carve (or slalom) like you’re on skis.
- Climb Hills: Your StreetStrider can (almost) literally turn into a ski lift chair. Just shift to a lower gear and you can pull yourself right up the hill with your arms and legs.