If you’re looking for an excellent way to lose weight and improve your fitness from the comfort of your home, an elliptical machine Under 500 could be just what you need.
They give you a great low-impact and high-intensity workout, which is perfect if you suffer from bone or joint conditions that make running difficult or impossible.
Ellipticals also provide a full-body workout in a short amount of time. Your legs, shoulders, chest, back, and arms will benefit in as little as 20 minutes a day, which makes it a great option if you’re always on-the-go. Check out the reviews for the best deals of the best elliptical under 500.
An elliptical machine is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, so if you’re a fitness newbie, you’ll feel comfortable and safe using one. Studies suggest that ellipticals may improve your quality of life and reduce back fatigue.
It’s easy to switch up workouts to prevent getting bored, and you can multitask while you’re on the machine, too. You can catch up on a show, read a magazine, or check your emails while working out.
We understand that a piece of workout equipment like an elliptical machine can be a bigger investment, so our buying guide and product reviews will help you narrow down your choices and ensure you’re spending your money on a machine that’s going to meet your needs and be enjoyable to use.
How to Choose an Elliptical Machine Under 500
Different machines have different features, and workout goals vary from person to person. With that in mind, here are some things to consider when shopping for an elliptical machine.
- More resistance levels mean that you can increase the difficulty of your workout more gradually to suit your needs. With fewer resistance levels, you may have to jump up to a higher difficulty that you may not be ready for. Here are the different types of resistance:
- Fan Wheel Resistance: You’ll enjoy a smooth ride, but it will be a little bit noisier ride. Ellipticals in the lower price range typically use fan wheel resistance.
- Magnetic Resistance: Ellipticals with magnetic resistance are quiet and give you a consistent and natural-feeling working. These ellipticals will usually be in a higher price range.
- Elliptical machines come both with and without a computer display. Whether or not yours has one largely depends on your budget. If you want a computer display, there are a couple of things to look for. You’ll want the display to be easy-to-read since you’ll be in motion while trying to read it.
- Backlighting helps a lot with readability. You’ll also want to consider the data the computer provides. It can potentially tell you heart rate, calories burned, time, distance, and speed. If tracking your workout is important, you’ll want a computer display.
- Working out is hard enough, so you’ll want your elliptical machine to be comfortable and easy to use. Here are some adjustable features to look for:
- Incline: It may be manually or power adjusted. Being able to adjust the incline of the elliptical will help you vary the degree of difficulty of your workouts.
- Foot Pedals: Adjustable pivoting foot pedals help recreate a natural range of motion. A large pedal surface ensures that no matter your foot size, you’ll fit comfortably on the machine.
- Availability of pre-programmed workouts to focus on weight loss, cardio, etc.
- Stride length that’s not too short or too long for your height.
- Ability to be folded, wheeled, and stored out of the way
- Available places to put water bottles, phones, or reading materials
Having workout equipment in your home makes exercising much more convenient. Ellipticals are great if you want a low-impact option that still delivers results.
I believe that, depending on your fitness level and needs, one of our ten top-reviewed products will meet your needs. A two-in-one system gives you options as well as more bang for your buck. Check out another review for the best deals of the best elliptical under 200.
You can go with something with less technology or a smaller footprint if you’re on a budget or trying to save space. Or, you can get a fully loaded model if you want all the conveniences of a gym workout in your home. Whatever you want, you’ll find it with one of our reviewed products.